The events that make up the Huntsville Science Festival are always free to attend. This includes the STEAMFest 2020 Expo.
There will be many events and activities for kids, families and adults throughout Science Festival week.
October 25, 2020 will be our opening day that will start in the afternoon with our Ologist Day. Families and kids will meet scientists from many fields. The day will end with evening adult-oriented events and talks.
There will be teacher workshops, and teachers will be able to invite a wide range of experts to visit their school or classroom to talk to students.
October 31, 2020 will be the STEAM Fest 2020 Expo at the Von Braun Center! Lots of family friendly science, demonstrations, robots, and more! Meet dozens of companies as they showcase how Science is Everywhere in Northeastern Alabama.
Meet Dr. Julius Csotonyi at the PPG STEAM Fest 2020 Expo
Dr. Csotonyi will be appearing at the PPG STEAM Fest 2020 Expo at the Von Braun Center on October 31st. Best known for his award-winning artwork and illustrations of dinosaurs and other preshistoric creatures (including murals now on display at the Smithsonian), Dr. Csotonyi is also an accomplished space artist. He will be creating an original painting to donate to the Huntsville Science Festival that will be offered through a silent auction to benefit the festival.
Events during Science Festival Week Will Include:
- 5 Minute Genius - Some of Huntsville's finest scientists and researchers, along with several guests from around North America, will speak for 5 minutes followed by a 5 minute Q&A. Lively and stimulating discussions!
- Illustration for Science - renowned science illustrators and artists will show how they work with scientists to bring their concepts and ideas to life.
- Technology in the Home - What can we expect over the coming years and how will it impact how we live.
- Science of Chocolate - What does it take to go from cocoa bean to candy? You'll be surprised at how much science goes into making deliciousness!
- Computers in Space - How did we ever get to the moon with such a primitive computer? A look at how computing power has changed space programs.
- Technology of Healthcare - Robots, imaging and patient data - how technology has changed the way your doctor diagnoses and treats you now and how the future of medicine is evolving.
- Weather Balloon Launch - Participants will help launch weather balloons and learn how the prediction of weather has changed using new technology.
- Genomics - What we are learning through genome research and how it is helping create a healthier future.
- Science on Stage - See a fun and interesting play about some great scientists.
- Brewing and Inebriation - There is a lot of science in these two related topics. Hosted by local breweries, this adult-oriented presentation is always a science festival favorite.
- Kinetic Art - There is a lot of physics that goes into some of the most famous kinetic art sculptures. A talk and demonstration with some fun hands-on participation.
- And More to Come!